Be aware that there are a number of scam emails circulating, especially those that ask for your username and password. If you have replied, please change your password immediately.
Here are the tell-tale signs of a phishing message:
- The message is from an email address which is not a University of Sheffield email address.
- The message has a ‘Reply-to’ address which is not a University of Sheffield email address.
- The massage contains wrong or American spellings
- The message asks for your Date of Birth!!
- The message threatens to close your account, which CiCS do not do.
- The message gives no phone number or email address for enquiries.
Nobody in CiCS knows your password! Passwords are encrypted on secure machines. We will never ask you to confirm your password for verification, as we do not know what it should be.